Before we do anything, lets all take 3 minutes and watch this video. Man, Rob Ford. That guy is wild!
You know what else is wild? This:
Rogue guarantees you will PR at the Toronto Marathon or we’ll pay your entry fee.*
Read that again.
Not only is Toronto a great city, it also has a super-fast marathon on October 18th, the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. This marathon is going to be the fall marathon. Not only will we have staff and coaches there, its a darn good race. It has an elevation difference of about 110 feet (read: pretty darn flat). It’s marked in kilometers (which make you feel like you are running really fast…kinda). The average high on race day is 58° and the average low on race day is 45°. It has a portion of their website that is all in French. It runs along the water front and, according to findmymarathon.com, it has a PR score of 99.51% (Austin has a PR score of 97.37%, to compare). It’s about the same size as Austin and marathonguide.com has good things to say about it. Oh, and the race shirts and medals are pretty fun.
Rogue has selected the Toronto Marathon as our destination race for the fall because its fast and the timing is perfect to capitalize on a summer of “Heat-titude Training” (Don’t worry about it. I just combined heat and altitude). Our tried and tested marathon training gets better with every year and this year will be no different. Our experienced coaches will give you the guidance you need to manage the heat, keep injures at bay, prepare your race day nutrition, help you with your mantras, maximize your long runs and, heck, they may even baby sit your cat! (not really)
And, like I said, we guarantee you will PR* at this race.
There are a ton of other fantastic races is the fall and we’ll cover those in upcoming blogs but we wanted to get this out first as the Chicago Marathon lottery opens next week.
Sign up quick for the Fall Marathon training program because the PR program applies only to the first 30 folks. Then join us in Toronto for an experience you’ll never forget!
Fall Marathon Training will begin on Saturday May 2nd, 2015 with a Kick Off Party at the first long run (Cedar Park and Downtown will long run together at the Downtown store). Think 3-5M run with tacos, coffee, vendors and lots of giveaways after the run. Seriously, the raffle is huge.
*You must be part of the PR program. The stipulations for the PR program are:
- Your current PR must have been set within the last 2 years
- Applies to the first 30 people that sign up for the program and the marathon in Toronto
- Applies to downtow, Cedar Park, north Austin and south Austin training programs.
- We will cover the cost of your entry fee up to $100. The marathon entry fee is $100 or less through July 28th. You must have proof of entry to sign up for the program.
- You must attend 80% or more of your workouts and complete 80% of your training runs. In other words you must follow 80% of the training schedule as posted to the Rogue Running locker room or provided to you by your coach.
- We love Chicago, Portland, NYC, Marine Corp and all the other amazing races in the fall but you got to do your PR at Toronto to be part of the program.
- To join the program, email Jeff.
Rogue Running is a runner-first community dedicated to changing lives through running. Our direct coach-to-athlete approach ensures you get the care and dedication you need to experience running in a different way.